Used to prevent leakage, gaskets are constructed to fit between a range of different sizes and types of surfaces in order to provide the perfect seal. Typically used in pipes and heat exchangers, gaskets are widely used as industrial sealants.
Kammprofile gaskets, however, can, and are, used in much more challenging applications.
Those such as chemical plants, high-pressure manufacturing plants, or those sectors and industries using high-pressure hydrocarbons.
The benefits of using kammprofile gaskets are wide and varied for each individual application.
Below, we’ve highlighted the key benefits that kammprofile gaskets have to offer.
- They maintain stability in high temperatures and high-pressure applications. Kammprofile gaskets are incredibly durable and can provide enough resistance that they instantly act as a capable sealant. This level of stability and adhesive structuring is especially beneficial in manufacturing and research plants where high pressure and fluctuating temperatures are the norm.
- They offer a flexible seal. Due to their complete stability, kammprofile gaskets can perform efficiently at differing levels of stress seat testing. Meaning that no matter the different bolt loads, flanges, or installation errors, kammprofile gaskets provide excellent results time and time again. This low seating stress also helps to reduce any concerns when it comes to gasket removal.
- Damage to flanges is minimal. This is because the serrated metal core is covered by a soft material such as PTFE, graphite, aluminium, or silver. Offering complete flexibility as well as being tightly compacted between surfaces, causing minimal damage.
- Kammprofile gaskets offer value for money mainly because they are reusable! Manufacturers of kammprofile gaskets regularly refurbish used gaskets for industrial users, helping to add to your savings over the years and increase the lifespan of your gaskets overall.
- They’re resistant to hazardous chemicals. Kammprofile gaskets are ideal for resisting hazardous chemicals, as they offer a sealing function that works with all machine parts that deal with such substances. For you, this means the chance of leakages is reduced, and safety on site can be ensured.
- Kammprofilegaskets last longer. Not only can these types of gaskets be reused, but because of the sturdiness of the kammprofile gasket and the materials in which they are manufactured, they also last longer too. Reducing your maintenance costs while continuing to add value.
Today, Kammprofile gaskets are available as grooved, metallic and corrugated metallic gaskets, and they can also be custom designed depending on their desired use.
For those operating within chemical industries, or for large vessels, oil rigs and refineries, kammprofile gaskets can also handle bolt stress relaxation and creep, can provide joint tightness even under the most extreme pressures, they have outstanding compression and recovery ability, and no matter the differing temperatures they are exposed to they offer a perfect level of consistency throughout.
Within these specific operating environments, it’s also important to use gaskets that can help to counteract surface defects — offering a higher level of sealability in some instances than a spiral wound gasket can.
Kammprofile gaskets aren’t the cheapest option in the gasket market, but they do offer considerable value for money. Plus, with their reported low failure rate and worldwide use across so many different applications, kammprofile gaskets can provide you with the perfect sealant to meet a wide range of specifications.
To talk through your kammprofile gasket requirements, speak to the experts at Specialist Sealing Products today, we’d be happy to help.